About The Smega-Drive
1,625,013 frames and 33,003 subtitles have been smashed together into what might be the most important website on the entire Internet. We are proud to present to you The Smega-Drive, a complete archive of Red Dwarf screenshots, and meme maker to boot.
So, it works like this. We've based the indexing and the search system on the subtitles from the DVDs / Blu-Rays, so you can look for a quote (or a small part of a quote) and with any luck you will find the subtitle screen you need, along with previews of frames that that subtitle covers. Alternatively, you can use the episode browser.
Give us a shout at email@example.com if you spot any bugs or particularly egregious subtitle errors, or if you just have any general feedback for us to improve the system in the future. While you're at it, giving @RedDwarfShuffle on Twitter a follow will almost certainly enrich your day.
- Search the subtitle database or try for a random or very random result.
- Visit the full Episode Index.
- Have a go at SMEGLE, the daily guessing game powered by The Smega-Drive.
- Drop us an email.
- Visit Ganymede & Titan - Red Dwarf fan-site and parent site of The Smega-Drive.
- Ganymede & Titan is Ian Symes, Jonathan Capps & Danny Stephenson.
- Seb Patrick is a much loved and missed friend, and the inspiration for The Smega-Drive.
- The frontend of the website is built with Bootstrap 5 and its lovely icons.
- The Ceefax / Teletext font comes courtesy of Galax Teletext.
- We used MakeMKV and Subtitle Edit to mine our raw materials.
- Grant Naylor Productions technically owns 99.9% of the content on here :/