by Ganymede & Titan
About The Smega-Drive
1,625,013 frames and 32,936 subtitles have been smashed together into what might be the most important website on the entire Internet. We are proud to present to you The Smega-Drive, a complete archive of Red Dwarf screenshots, and meme maker to boot.
So, it works like this. We've based the indexing and the search system on the subtitles from the DVDs / Blu-Rays, so you can look for a quote (or a small part of a quote) and with any luck you will find the subtitle screen you need, along with previews of frames that that subtitle covers. Select one of the frames to enter its 'Meme Lab', where in you can either edit the caption and download your meme, select a more suitable frame from the timeline, or use the arrow buttons to refine the timeline and convert it into an animated GIF. In addition to the subtitle search there are two random buttons, the use of which we strongly encourage. If all else fails, then you can click on an episode title to view all of its subtitles, or use the episode browser link in the footer.
Give us a shout at email@example.com if you spot any bugs or particularly egregious subtitle errors, or if you just have any general feedback for us to improve the system in the future. While you're at it, giving @RedDwarfShuffle on Twitter a follow will almost certainly enrich your day.
- Ganymede & Titan is Ian Symes, Jonathan Capps & Danny Stephenson.
- Seb Patrick is a much loved and missed friend, and the inspiration for The Smega-Drive.
- The frontend of the website is built with Bootstrap 5 and its lovely icons.
- The Ceefax / Teletext font comes courtesy of Galax Teletext.
- We used MakeMKV and Subtitle Edit to mine our raw materials.
- Grant Naylor Productions technically owns 99.9% of the content on here :/